BEGINNER BOX RULES
Lakeport Indoor Go Karts 2021/2022
Beginner Box Stock
All changes are highlighted in yellow.
*All points divisions are allowed two sub drivers for the 2020/2021 season. If you are asubstitute driver, you may only sub two (2) times, total. All subs must notify the tower and beapproved by score keepers. Open drivers may not sub for 250 drivers. 250 drivers may not sub for Box drivers. Box drivers may not substitute for Beginners. In order to be a substitute, you must meet the age requirement of that class and be approved by the promoter. Failure toadhere to these requirements shall result in not being scored and removal from the track.(Any and all partial substitutes will require approval by the promoter prior to the event/race date).
* These are purely beginner classes. Gen. Managers reserve the right to approve
placement & recommend moving.
* Driver must be 5-8 yrs. of age. All drivers must be approved by a Gen Manager.
* All Beginner Drivers must be prepared to submit a copy of their birth certificate.
* A minor release form must be filled out each season.
* If a parent or guardian is not present at a race event, a designated guardian is
mandatory for each race.
* Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times when in the pit area.
* Parent or guardian is responsible for the actions of their minor child.
* Nomex Driver Suits strongly recommended but not mandatory. Must comply w/ SFI
rating 3-2A5 or better. Nomex Underware required with a single layer suit.
* Minimum clothing required: Long Sleeve Cotton Sweat Shirt, long Levi type pants,
Cotton Socks & closed toe Shoes.
* Fire resistant Gloves mandatory for both beginner class Drivers.
* Nylon or Synthetic type clothing may not be worn while racing. Cotton Garments only!!
No Motorcycle gear allowed.
* Neck Roll Brace required at a minimum. HANS, Hutchins or Necksgen Head & Neck
restraint device strongly recommended.
* It will be at the Officials discretion on moving a driver up in class based on his/her
demonstrated driving abilities.
* 180, kart only. THIS IS TENTATIVE- WEIGHT WILL CHANGE AFTER AN AVERAGE IS TAKEN!
* Open Tire rule. Any Kart type Rims/Tires.
* Gasoline Only in these classes. Fuel must be purchases at the track. May use 91
Octane or 110 Octane Race Gas. No Methanol,E85, Oxygenates, Fuel Enhancers or additives of any type. No blending of fuel products. Fuel is a Tech Item.
Briggs 206 Engines only, green slide required.
*Sealed B&S motor, using the green slide Part No. RLV 555740 with slide lock. B&S / exhaust
system including the newly developed Outlaw Kart exhaust package. Part No. RLV 5530 (No
modifying of the pipe or muffler allowed)
*NOTE: Owner/Driver will be responsible for motor being legal. You are responsible to make
sure official seal is attached and untampered with. Subject to Penalty.
*All motors will be subject to tech as specified by the B&S 206 United States Rule Set.
(B&S Racing Class Structure, or Clutch Rule does not apply [open clutch rule]) Any doubt about these specifications, contact the promoter.
*Spark plug: 2020 is a transition year for the approved spark plug. The timing below is
required to allow the retail channel to stock the new plug and ensure that all competitors
can comply with the new specification.
1. Through March 31, 2020: Only the B&S unaltered factory spark plug part number
#555737 Champion RC12YC is permitted. Spark plug must have the “Champion” and
Briggs & Stratton logo as well as the “RC12YC” identification on the insulator. 2. After
March 31, 2020: Only the AutoLite AR3910X unaltered OEM spark plug (B&S part number
#84005196) is permitted. Spark plug must have the “AutoLite” and “AR3910X”
identification on the insulator
*Things you MAY NOT do:
1. Modify or alter any physical part of the motor.
2. Remove, alter or leave off air filter.
3. Modify or alter header, you may not install E.G.T. sensor into header.
4. Muffler may not be altered or welded to the header.
* Minimum size 26 inches wide by 28 inches long with minimum 10 inch side boards.
* All Karts must have top Wings in this Class